How to Visit Oshan
Getting approved for a visit
Getting approved could take anywhere from a week to a few months so if you think you may want to visit, please be proactive and get in touch now. Oshan has a very limited number of approved visitors allowed, so please only apply if you’re confident you’re going to visit.
Email Oshan through corrlinks or email his brother at email@example.com expressing interest in visiting.
Let them know what dates you’re thinking
Oshan will get in touch and coordinate the next steps with you.
Visiting Area and Rules
- Handshaking, an embrace, and a kiss within the bounds of good taste, are permitted at the beginning and at the end of the visit. The only physical contact allowed during visiting is the holding of hands.
- visitors can visit multiple times over a weekend
- 6 visitors may visit at a time, including children.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Visitors may enter the visiting room at different times.
- All visitors and their property are subject to search any time while on institution
- Visitors may bring the following into visiting room: A small see-through wallet or change purse. Up to $20 in cash.
- Visitors with children may bring no more than 3 diapers and 2 baby bottles into visiting room.
- Visitors can purchase soft drinks and food items to consume in visiting room but cannot take with them.
- No electronics and No loitering outside
- Unauthorized visitors cannot be on institution grounds including waiting in cars in parking lot.
Visiting Room Attire
Dress Code Wear clothing that is appropriate for a large gathering of men, women, and young children. Wearing inappropriate clothing (such as provocative or revealing clothes) may result in your being denied visitation.
The following items are NOT permitted:
• halter tops
• bathing suits
• see-through garments of any type
• crop tops
• low-cut blouses or dresses
• no scarfs
• backless tops
• hats or caps
• sleeveless garments
• Females may wear dresses, skirts, or capri pants.
• Dresses or skirts must be knee level including slits.
• No leggings.
• No white T-shirts of blouses.
• No clothing with offensive pictures or language.
• No wrap-around blouses, shirts or dresses.
• No shorts. Adult men must wear long pants.
• No black nylon jackets
• No tan, light brown, grey or khaki colored clothing.
• No black nylon jackets.
• Inappropriate clothing cannot be covered by a jacket or sweater
- Visitors must provide the following information prior to entering visiting room:
1. Inmates name and register number
(Oshan Cook 14619-111).
2. Visitors relationship with inmate.
3. Visitors current address.
**Be sure to bring a picture ID
All visitors will be required to present one valid photo identification (driver's license - passport) with signatures.
you will have to go through a metal detector ,and you are not allowed to bring phones inside.
Because many people are usually visiting, it is important visits are quiet, orderly, and dignified. The visiting room officer can require you to leave if either you or the inmate is not acting appropriately.
** Sadly you can't bring books, gift or food to Oshan. But you can send him mail or books and buy some snacks at the visiting room.
- Vending Machine. At the visiting room, there will be a vending machine. Visitors may purchase items from the vending machine and bring them back to area of visit. $20.00 will be permitted to enter the institution.Inmates are not allowed to share food or drinks with other inmates or family members.
Contact Aaron Stevens with Questions at firstname.lastname@example.org